Newcomb Hall Theatre
The Newcomb Hall Theatre is a large theatre with fixed seating and a large screen located on the Lower Level of Newcomb Hall and it hosts large conferences, speaking engagements, and films.
Available Setups & Capacities
- Fixed seating for 380
- 8 chairs for panelists
- 6 spaces for wheelchair accessibility
- Fixed stage (8ft x 26ft with a tapered edge)
Available Audio-Visual Equipment (must request in EMS)
- Large full stage sized screen, cinema quality projector or standard HD projector
- Microphones available: (4) Wireless Handheld, (1) Wireless Lapel, (1) Corded handheld
- Sound system: surround sound and speakers
- Surround sound must be requested at leas two weeks prior to your event
Space Specific Policies
- Stage is large enough for 8 chairs and two 8-foot tables maximum - this may impact projection depending on the setup
- Stage does not meet University requirements for dance safety - dancing on stage is not permitted
- Area in front of stage is a fire lane and must be kept clear - no chairs or tables may be placed in that area
- When showing copy written material, rights must be secured and proof must be provided to Event Management prior to your event (see Policies Section 2.15)
- You must purchase public performance rights in order to show a film, as detailed in U.S. copyright law. Distribution companies that sell public performance rights for many films are Swank and Criterion Pictures. Once you have purchased the rights please email the receipt to Event Planning.
- To read about copyright compliance, please visit UVA Library's video guide.
- Only water and dry snacks are permitted within the space - no restrictions on where these are purchased
- Full food service is permitted in attached lobby space