Newcomb Hall Theatre
The Newcomb Hall Theatre is located on the Lower Level of Newcomb Hall and it hosts large conferences, speaking engagements, and films. Newcomb Hall is located next to the University Bookstore and the Central Grounds Parking Garage.
Below is a list of some of the most relevant policies for the Newcomb Hall Theatre:
- Dancing on the stage is NOT permitted (due to weight limitations)
- No full food service or catering within the theater
- Maximum of 8 chairs on stage
- Area in front of stage is a fire lane and must be kept clear – no chairs or tables may be placed in that area
- When showing copywritten material rights must be secured and proof must be provided to Event Planning prior to your event (See Policies Section 2.15)
Setups & Audio Visual Technology
Maximum seating capacity: 381 seats with 6 spaces for guests in wheelchairs
- wireless handheld mics
- wireless lapel mics
- corded handheld mics
- mic stands
- Projector (client must bring Windows laptop or Mac product with adapter to show PowerPoint presentations)
- DVD/Blu Ray Player
- 35 mm projector (Spring 2013)
Note Regarding Films:
In order to show a film, you must purchase the copyrights for that film. Companies that we typically use to do this are SWANK or CRITERION. Please let your event planner know when you have talked to the distribution company. Go here for more information on the Federal Copyright Act. The library also offers access to over 25,000 licensed streaming titles.
We need a minimum of TWO WEEKS NOTICE to provide appropriate staffing for a SURROUND SOUND film. If you submit a request for an event less than 2 weeks away for a film requiring surround sound, it will be cancelled.
If you do not need surround sound, the film can be played from a laptop.
- 8 Chairs for panelists