Student Activities Building (SAB)
The Student Activities Building is located at the intersection of George Welsh Rd and Alderman Rd by Scott Stadium.
The SAB is only open for reserved events. Events may take place between the hours of 9:00 am and 11:00 pm daily. Doors will be unlocked by building staff at the start of the reservation or a key may be checked out from the first floor Newcomb Hall information desk.
Setups and AV
CIO event organizers are responsible for setting up the space for their event and returning it to the way they found it prior to leaving – excluding the portable stages. Staging setups can be arranged with Event Management as part of the reservation.
Departments will coordinate with Event Management to complete the setup for them.
AV is not available at the SAB.
Parking at the Student Activities Building (SAB) is limited. Use loading dock on the back of the building for immediate loading and unloading only. If parking vehicles after loading/unloading, event organizers and their guests must utilize standard employee/student lots with appropriate parking permit and/or guest lots paying any fees required to Parking and Transportation. Cars parked in loading/unloading areas are subject to ticketing and tow at the owner’s expense. Event organizers may arrange parking reservations with Parking and Transportation directly if desired.
Available Setups & Capacities
- Total Empty Capacity: 500
- Chairs in Rows (with stage): 400
- Classroom: 105
- Hollow Square: 54
- Fair: 35 tables
- (35) 8 ft tables
- 470 Chairs
- Stage (6ftx8ft 19 pieces)
- (2) Room dividers
- Access to power panel for installation of theatre lighting/sound, must arrange with Event Planning
- ADA Accessible entrance
- Access to restrooms and water fountains
Available Audio-Visual Equipment
Space Specific Policies
- CIOs MUST setup this space themselves – make sure to include enough time on reservation request to setup and breakdown the setup
- This excludes staging – all stages must be requested and setup by Event Planning Staff
- Departments will coordinate with Event Planning Services complete the setup for them
- Theatre productions in the SAB must be coordinated utilizing Production of Theatrical Performances policy (Section 2.11)
- No restrictions on catering